Wednesday, March 11, 2009

More adventures in the Potty Training Chronicles...




Well, very sadly I do not have a picture for this update as it happened so fast. But I just had to share the story.




So we did decide to do Lora Jensen's "3 Day Potty Training" and will start soon. We have to get all the supplies (20-30 pair of underwear, prizes, etc.). We decided to do that probably next week, but until then we are still encouraging him to sit on the potty, be a big boy, etc. Well, it doesn't take much encouragement, as he is quick to want to be out of his "bipey" (what he calls his diaper) whenever he goes potty. We have to watch him closely because he takes it off very quickly as soon as he goes. I think he will be the easiest one to potty train yet!




Anyhow, yesterday I was sitting at my desk working on a couple of things when I look up to see David in the middle of the living room, no pants or diaper on, with the wipes box open. He was standing there bent at the knees, holding up his shirt with one hand and wiping himself with the other with a wipey. I said, "David! What do you think you are doing!?!" To which he responded very clearly, "Wipin' my butt!" Needless to say, we were all cracking up for awhile. That was my definite confirmation that my little man is very ready to be potty trained!




I am also attaching a hilarious little comic strip that reminded me so much of our house. As if we aren't having enough potty adventures, David is also found of putting whatever he can down the toilet. Recently, he got ahold of the stainless steel drain plug for the bathtub and flushed it. He has also put a cell phone in there, and has been caught numerous times heading that way with various other objects. We really have to keep an eye on Pippin (our pomeranian puppy) because of this! LOL


No comments: